This release tested with Ardour 6.0 and brings back broken since 1.1 GUI with Qtractor!
- Added a built-in file picker dialog which replaces zenity.
- Changed the models of Fuzz and Distortion plugins, now they emulate.
- FuzzFace and Boss DS-1 pedals.
- Added new profiles for tubeAmp.
- Fixed bug with GUI plugins in Qtractor.
LV2 and LADSPA versions
Download KPP-1.2.1-binary-ubuntu-bionic.tar.bz2 for ANY distro!
Download KPP-1.2.1-binary-debian10.tar.bz2 ONLY for Debian Buster (10)!Source code: github
Download KPP-VST3-1.2.1-binary-ubuntu-bionic.tar.bz2 for ANY distro!
Download KPP-VST3-1.2.1-binary-debian10.tar.bz2 ONLY for Debian Buster (10)!
EXPERIMENTAL build for Windows 7 - 10 64-bit: KPP-VST3-Win64.zip
EXPERIMENTAL build for macOS 10.10+ 64-bit: KPP-VST3-Mac-1.2.1.dmgSource code: github
tubeAmp Designer 1.2.1
This is bugfix release.
- Fixed several severe bugs in Profiler.
- Fixed crush in Player when Profiler started during playback.
tubeAmp Designer 1.2 - standalone guitar processor and *. tapf profile editor. May be used instead of the tubeAmp plugin as standalone JACK application.
This is the first release, version number 1.2 is for unification with KPP, because it use the same guitar amp emulator.
Allows you to create and edit profiles for tubeAmp.
- Profiler. Allows you to pass the test signal through any real amplifier, software or hardware processor, model of an electrical circuit. Automatically analyzes the result and adjusts the settings of the profile.
- Auto-equalizer. Allows you to adjust the sound of any profile to any reference recording. It is analog of specMatch in guitarix or Amp Match in BIAS Amp.
- Deconvolver. Allows you to get impulse responses (IRs) of guitar cabinets by passing a test signal through them. Calculated IR can be sent to profile, or you can save it to a *.wav file and use it in any convolver or IR player.
- Convolver. Allows you to superimpose multiple IRs on top of each other. For example, you can add reverb to the profile.
Download AppImage binary version.
Source code: githubEXPERIMENTAL build for Windows 7 - 10 64-bit: tubeAmp-Designer-x64-win.exe
spiceAmp 1.0 is a slow but accurate non-realtime guitar processor that uses ngspice as emulator. It requires a lot of computing power, so for now you can only process guitar recordings in a *.wav file and output the result to the *.wav file. This is especially useful with tubeAmp Designer - you can create *. tapf profiles using the SPICE model and then use them in realtime with tubeAmp.
To process the sound you need:
- Model of the emulated amp / pedal in SPICE. I would recommend Qucs-S for creating this models, but you can use any other SPICE editor or write the code manually.
- Cabinet pulse (optional, not needed for pedals).
This release includes models of several classic tube amplifiers and pedals, models of almost all tubes used in guitar amplifiers (triodes and pentodes), for creating new models, and the impulses of two cabinets. I would recommend to use this tube models because they are specially selected and adjusted for better performance during heavy overloaded operation.
Look for models at ~/spiceAmp Data/Models
Source code: GitHub